We managed to finish a new project, Getsu Fuuma Den – or The Legend of Fuma, according to Konami. This game was one of the earliest fan-translations for the NES, by RPGe. It came out about 20 years ago, and as such it suffered from the limitations of the time, though it wasn’t too bad by any means. Still, we decided to retranslate it, that is to say – expand the script, add support for 2 lines in text boxes, and translate all the main graphics. Hopefully you’ll like the result!
Currently, we’re working on some PC-98 projects, namely Tuned Heart and Briganty. We should be able to finish them fairly quickly, if all goes well! We have certain other projects in the pipeline, but we’ll reveal them once all the current backlog is dealt with.
UPD: A small mistake slipped in release version of Getsu Fuma Den. It was fixed, so please download the patch again.
this is a small project we came up with a couple of weeks back, for fun. We figured we’d do a horror-themed game this time around, and WotD proved to be a relatively small and quick project to get through. You can read more about it in its own section on this site, and on the project site on the RHDN. We also translated the manual – it will be available in its full PDF glory on our site in the future.
Other than that, we’ve been chipping away at our older projects, and took up a new project, and for a new platform at that. What is it? For now that shall remain a mystery, but most certainly those who liked some of our earlier releases should appreciate this one when it’s done next year, assuming all goes well!
So, over the weekend we added more project pages to the site – all of the completed ones we had worked on in the past: Saiyuuki World, Out Live, Flying Trooper X-Serd, Star Cruiser and Vixen 357. You can download the patches/read about said projects in the appropriate sections of the site.
As to the news – we’re working on Briganty: Roots of Darkness and Dragon Knight 4 at the moment. The first game is basically a VN/beat ’em up mixture, whereas the second game is primarily a strategy RPG, with somewhat VN-like segments to boot. Both are pretty text-heavy (DK4 especially), so they will likely take a while to complete.
We managed to finish the script of Tuned Heart, but now the game needs some alpha testing. Cccmar is the one working on it at the moment. Once that’s done, we will likely need beta testers to help us polish/improve the patch as much as possible before the final version is released.
Overall, things are going great right now! We’re hoping to finish at least one more project before the end of 2017. We also have some plans concerning new projects, but only time will tell which of them will come to fruition. Either way, this has been probably the best year so far for us, as far as new projects are concerned!
Great news in our camp – we managed to complete the Star Cruiser 2 patch. After a round of testing, bug-fixing and additional script-editing, we are proud to present the second (and the last thus far) game from the Star Cruiser franchise in English. It took us almost a year to get to this point, but it was indeed time well-spent! This game has a pretty interesting plot, new additions to the formula known from the previous game, and is overall quite a satisfying conclusion to the series… at least for now!
The manual for this game is also in the works. It shouldn’t take too long for us to finish it, barring any unexpected events. Either way, have fun with the game! Also, a shout-out goes to Blomman who really helped us to polish the script/find bugs and errors.
Here’s a quick update for all the readers – we’ve just added the manual for Macross, so if you want to learn more about the world of Macross and some useful tips/tricks pertaining directly to this game, it should prove to be an interesting read!
In (somewhat) related news, we’ve also begun working on the Star Cruiser 2 manual in the meantime. The patch itself is still undergoing testing as well, but it shouldn’t take too long until the patch becomes available for download.
So, it has finally come to this – thanks to invaluable contribution from miralita and celcion, we now have our own site! This will be a venue to present our projects and a place where you will be able to read more about our activities, future plans etc. We hope that it ends up facilitating communication and the exchange/dissemination of news. Also, the site is still under construction, so please bear with us – certain things about it may still potentially change. Any constructive criticism/words of advice are welcome.
We’ve been quite busy for the past couple of months, working on multiple projects and utilities. We managed to largely finish two games, Macross and Star Cruiser 2 (the latter is being tested right now). So, our first release in 2017 is Macross, as we deemed it release-worthy. It’s a pretty fun strategy game/VN hybrid, so we hope you’ll like it as much as we did! We have a few other projects in the pipeline as well, but they’re smaller in scope, so we’re going to disclose more info on them when the right time comes.
In the meantime, celcion and miralita came up with a patching utility, which can be used in order to facilitate the patching process for Japanese computer games. We have the trial version up already – should any issues arise, please notify us, and we’ll try to fix them. Be sure to check out the Docs section to learn how to apply patches using our tool!
So, stay tuned for further info on our projects and other group-related activities!